Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the 'Cambridge Islamic Art' project?
The 'Cambridge Islamic Art' project is an online platform to sell Islamic art in aid of the Cambridge Mosque Project, Europe's first eco-mosque.
The rare collection of masterpieces have included world leading masters like Hasan Çelebi (Turkey), Fuad Kouichi Honda (Japan), Haji Noor Deen (China), Raeda Ashour (Saudi Arabia), Nuria Garcia Masip (Spain), Rasheed Butt (Pakistan) to name a few.
This collection is a blessed reminder of the beauty and on-going vitality of the sacred arts of the Islamic world & invites you to be part of this exclusive online event.
Please refer to the 'Our Story' section for further details.
All raised proceeds will go to the Cambridge Mosque Project.
2. Is this an auction or a fixed price sale?
This is not an auction, but a fixed price sale. All items are sold as a 'first come first served' basis.....so don't wait to the end of the sale to avoid disappointment.
3. Will I be able to purchase artwork before the sale date (15th Oct. 2017)?
No. However, you will be able to view the whole website before the sale date.
4. When does the online sale start?
Sunday, 15th October 2017, 12:00hrs BST.
5. When does the online sale end?
Friday, 15th December 2017, 23:59hrs GMT.
6. How do I buy a piece?
The artwork is only purchasable through our online shopping cart.
7. How many pieces can I buy?
There are no restrictions on the number of pieces you can purchase.
8. Can I receive a condition report or view the artwork in person prior or during the sale periods?
All artwork viewing is solely online. Condition reports are presented (if applicable) within the product pages via the Collections page of the website. Please note, majority of the items are originals and may have imperfections and will not be classed as defects.
9. Are there taxes for purchases?
The buyer is responsible for all import tax charges incurred.
10. What are the terms of sale?
11. How will I know if I have successfully purchased the artwork?
If the transaction is successful, an email confirmation will be sent to the email address provided at the time of registration.
12. Who is responsible for shipping/collection and packaging?
On successful completion of transaction for the artwork, you will receive an email from our packaging/shipping partner (MBE). MBE will offer the following options to generate a quote + delivery timeframe for you:
i) Pack & Ship
ii) Pack & Collect
We recommend you read our 'Shipping' section to further understand the options available.
MBE (Mail Boxes Etc.) specialise in artwork packaging & shipping for many art galleries and auction houses across the UK.
13. Can I have my artwork framed?
Sorry, this service is not offered.
14. If I have any further questions, who can I contact?
Please refer to our 'Contact Us' page.
15. I'm an artist, how can I participate in the next online sale?
That's great, just drop us a note via the 'Contact Us' page and we will contact you to discuss further.